Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bacon Story Consequences and a Dress Makeover

Warning - a lot of photos and text!

Few days ago we visited the Bicycle Cinema in my town and we had a little picnic and a grill. The cinema was in Park Zielona ('Green Park') so after the film finished we went to our lovely lake in the middle of the night.. After some funny stories at the lake we went home few kilometres a little bit drunk and extremely exhausted. I was home about 3a.m. and of course I went to bed. I woke up the next day and took a peek into my bag.. I was really surprised to see bacon in there (without any paper around it!). Everything smelled like old bacon and was covered in it! Everything had to go the washing.. and of course I didn't have any big emergency wallets, tissue holders etc. so I had to sew everything yesterday!!

Well it was a good reason to make a new wallet and a great necessity really..
I need big wallets so I can put everything there.. seriously everything;p
 I love making wallets like this one, a lot of work but it's quite simple :)
 And ohh it has so so soooo many pockets!
 Isn't this button a perfect one? I received it from lovely Michelle (thank you again!)
 6 card slots.. but I really have about 12 cards there;p As you know I also had to sew a new tissue holder.. I decided to make a really nice one this time, not a super quick one. And I really like how it came out with the red checked edges! :)
 Ok enough about the silly Bacon Story.. now something different - really different!
About a year ago I got a beautiful dress from my cousin, but it didn't really fit me - the upper part was way too big.. And because of that I wore it only three times.. Eventually I decided to make a mini skirt from it! My first mini skirt ever.. and without a pattern!
 If you want to see how the original dress looked like you can see it for example here.
I'm really shocked that it came out quite well!! As you know I don't sew clothes and I don't really have a clue how to make them.. but one of my summer holiday goals is to sew a dress or something.. I also sewed a belt for it.. A very simple one :)
I know this skirt is really short but when it was a dress it was ever shorter!
Well, what do you think about it?? I would love to hear your opinion about this skirt!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was pretty busy! But I loved it!
Have a wonderful week!
xxxx

17 comments:

  1. Świetny portfel. Sama sie nastawiam, żeby podobny sobie uszyć.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chabrowa Panienka - ja nauczyłam się szyć ten portfel z tego tutka, polecam jest na prawde łatwy: http://elily00.wordpress.com/tutorials/wallet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. it's great! i wish i can make creativity things as you do.
    i've read many posts on your blog, and i love all things you made.
    love the skirt!! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ale króciuchna :) A portfel boski!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm bekon w torebce... Znaczy udana impreza ;) Portfel imponujący! Wygląda na skomplikowany, ale skoro piszesz, że tak nie jest to może i ja kiedyś spróbuję ;) Pozdr, ach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks better as a skirt! prehaps it needs a bacon pocket though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bekonowy portfel.. hehehe...
    jest świetny!!! chciałabym umieć zrobić taki sama dla siebie, bo portfele nigdy nie są takie jak chcę!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The undomesticated scientist - omg I can't stop laughing because of your comment :D haha thank you!

    ZUzanna - ten portfelik naprawde latwo sie szyje, link tutaj do tutka: http://elily00.wordpress.com/tutorials/wallet/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ojej, jak ja Ci zazdroszczę zdolności i tego, że po prostu siadasz i szyjesz sobie portfel, bo poprzedni rozsiewał woń bekonu :)
    Śliczny jest... i ten guzik niczym wisienka na czekoladowym torcie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boskość, dawno portfeli nie było :)) A chustecznik jak an coś tak prostego zrobiłaś świetnie, kolorki i border wymiatają :))

    Co do sukienki, krótka, że hej! Ja bym tak nei mogła, ale planuje na lato uszyć sobie jakąś maxi :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Portfelik świetny :D Nie moje kolory, ale bardzo mi się podoba jego forma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jak zwykle kapitalne rzeczy stworzyłaś :) sama nie wiem co mi się najbardziej podoba. Tak sie cieszę, że wkrótce zobaczę Twoje prace na żywo :) Pozdrowionka Kaśka

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiosc - ja też nie mogę się doczekać aż zobaczę Twoje prace i oczywiście Ciebie!! Oj mam nadzieję, że to będzie naprawdę udana niedziela! Nawet nie muszę nic sprzedać, po prostu chcę żeby było fajnie :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. No prosze, prosze, ale to ladnie na Tobie wyglada!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This skier is borderline-illegal-short :) and i like it of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...