Monday, March 26, 2012

Dreamcatcher and Machine Embroidery

 Probably all of you heared about art-piaskownica - a wonderful challenge blog.
From time to time I participated in some challenges.. but I had no idea that ladies writing this blog would ever pick me for a guest designer! I was so happy when I got the information.. and a little bit stressed because I had no idea what topic to make..

For a long time now I was dreaming about a big dreamcatcher handing above my bed..
I couldn't buy the 'perfect' one so I thought.. well.. why not make a challenge where I could make a dreamcatcher myself?! And with Anita's help we decided to make a t-shirt recycling edition which you can find here!
The main ring is made of an old cardboard and an old yellow stretchy t-shirt. The lower part is also made of t-shirts and some other stuff like curtains, parts of metal jewellery etc. etc.

As you can also see I had no feathers.. and a dreamcatcher without feathers is not a dreamcatcher, right?! SO I painted one colorful feather and attached it to this weird construction ;d yesterday my A. brought me some real ones from the countryside.. can't wait to add them to this recycled work! Do you like how it looks above my bed?
A while ago I tried to make an embroidery.. but I'm not really good at it.. I'm very impatient.. so I tried to make it by using my sewing machine and a new embroidery foot! As you can see it looks very simple, but I like how it came out finally :)
It has 3 tiny buttons and some yellow leather pieces.. like I said.. nothing complicated but I really like how it looks on my wall.. :)

Oh and see these lovely prints with birds? Beautiful, aren't they? They are printed on fabric.. I bought them from a great shop here! Can't wait to make something out of them!

Have a nice day! I have to study -again- but this time for a test from french! ;o
xxxx

18 comments:

  1. Łapacz snów jest OBŁĘDNY!! Jak go zobaczyłam na art-piaskownicy to oniemiałam z zachwytu!! BOMBA!!!
    A w ogóle to pięknie tam u Ciebie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tündéri Lonka - thank you! YOUR lovely comments make me happy! :D

    viva - dziekuję! musze przyznać że nad łapaczem trochę się namęczyłam.. a pokój to rezultat 3 lat ciągłego zmieniania wszystkiego;p aż w końcu jest tak jak chciałam :D i niedrogo i handmadeowo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ile razy widzę twój pokój, nie mogę się nań napatrzeć

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drimkeczer robi wrażenie :D
    Ale co mnie najbardziej urzekło to linka z ptasimi ilustracjami i ta boska wyszywana maszyna o_o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dream catcher...and your purple walls!

    --Jaclyn T
    Nature Inspired: TrickArt Jewellery
    50% off with WELCOMESPRING50

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..zachwycałam się nim już na Art Piaskownicy, jest magiczny! A z prawdziwymi piórkami to już w ogóle bajka będzie! A Marysz może zrób kursik jak zrobić taki DreamCatcher, jak zapleść to kółeczko... Ja bym chętnie zgapiła, bo nad wyrkiem mamy puste miejsce:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. agi - kurcze.. to fajny pomysl zrobic taki kursik :D pomysle nad tym intensywniej w weekend.. dziekuje za pomysl babo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dreamcatcher, it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fajna ta wyszywana maszyna. Bardzo mi sie podoba, ze ja na czarnym tle wyszylas, ja bym na to nie wpdala. Jakos mi jasne tla w glowie siedza.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice i love all your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could hire you to decorate my room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OO to już wiem jak wykorzystałaś grafiki :) piękny pokoik :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hafcik śliczny, ale łapacz snów po prostu podbił moje serce ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mnie nic tak nie zachwyca jak kolor Twojej ściany, na jej tle wszystko wygląda cudownie! :) A czy łapacz, oprócz tego, że jest śliczny, jest również skuteczny? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. luka - hmm ja ogolnie nie miewam koszmarow.. wiec nie moge powiedziec:D ale mniej wiecej odkad wisi nad lozkiem to mam kilka/kilkanascie snow w nocy;p co normalnie mialam po jednym lub dwa;p zbieg okolicznosci, czy magia! ;O?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Przyznam szczerze, że wygląda prześwietnie ! Musiałaś się nieźle z tym "namęczyć" :D. U mnie w domu też wisi, ale właśnie taki z samych piór. Kupiłam kiedyś za granicą, bo tutaj nic ładnego znaleźć nie mogłam, ale Twój jest super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nie wierze, ze jeszcze nie skomentowalam tego u Ciebie. Jak tylko zobaczylam to prace w Piaskownicy to mnie powialila. Ten lapacz snow jest po prostu nieziemski! Pelen zywiol! I to papierowe pioro, po prostu boskie. Pobilas sama siebie na glowe jesli chodzi o pomyslowosc!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...