Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Project!

 Ladies and Gentleman!
I'm happy to introduce our (yes! our - mine and my boyfriend's!) project!
What is it? Well.. as you know.. I love notebooks.. and I am constantly creating new
and new ones! One day, my A. told me an idea to try to make real books.
And.. after few weeks he started making special bookbinding installations.
You can imagine how proud I was when I saw all these instruments this weekend!
We were learning to make real books all weekend.. And we made a few of them!
But today I can show you only this prototype which I made on Friday.
As you can see it's not perfect - on the back of the cover there is some glue..
Of course it is there by accident, I can't forgive myself this clumsyness!
 It has a very stiff cover, 400 pages A6 and a dotty paper on the inside of the cover.
 Everything is very stiff actually. It's mostly because the headband -
it is the fabric/tape on the two edges where the paper ends.
 On the first photo you can see a close-up of the headband.
I'm so happy it opens like a real book!
Photos aren't very good - my camera is too old for making photos with realistic colours.

We wan't to sell books like this, but we have no idea if there will be a demand for them.
And here is my little question: Would you buy notebooks like this one? Do you like how it looks? Do you like the way how stiff they would be? Usually I'm selling soft, floppy covers.. this is a quite big change. Is it a good idea?

In my opinion it looks quite good (believe me, it looks better in reality;p)
And  didn't see anyone making notebooks like this one before - well yes, bookbinding is an old specialization, but usually everything is made of leather etc. Not with colorful fabrics :)

I really need your opinions about this project!

Somewhere in the future I'll make a giveaway with one of these books so I could hear a very specific opinion from one of you :)

I will show you a lot more later in February! Can't wait to hear your opinions!
Thank you!
xxxx

18 comments:

  1. Hi!

    This new book is very nice. I think it might be worth a small splotch to fix it!
    I think it would be wonderful, if there black textile paint to paint some flowers for example, only a silhouette, or something else. I think it does not matter if you are not into ironing, because you will not wash it.

    (Maybe I wrote something wrong, I'm sorry, I do not know English well...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I would definately buy one - especially for a special journal or gift! I love that it is fabric but still hardback!

    Well done you! I wish I had that skill! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryszka myślę, że to fantastyczny pomysł!!!!!!
    Twój A. też taki widzę pomysłowy - ma zadatki na artystę?;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, zartujecie sobie? To jest boskie! Myślę, że znajdą się na to chętni. Mnie już się bardzo podoba :) I gratuluje Ci chłopa! Trzymaj i nie puszczaj!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jak mól książkowy mogę powiedzieć tylko jedno > me gusta! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. mi też się bardzo podoba, genialny pomysł i wygląda fajnie :) Może uda Ci się zrobić taką z grubym grzbietem, ale mniejszą ilością stron w środku, tak, żeby dała się wypełnić jak ładny artjournal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! jesteście niesamowici! Rewelacja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gratuluję wspaniałego, wspólnego pomysłu!!! Notes wygląda wspaniale, bardzo solidnie już jestem jego ogromną fanką.

    ReplyDelete
  9. o kurcze genialny pomysł! tak dalej, oby się rozwijać i iść do przodu:) już nie mogę doczekać się kolejnych projektów:)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. ołaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale super są!!!!! kiedyś Cię o taką zmaltretuję!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nie no, bomba :D
    wyszło jak prawdziwa książka, jedyne co bym zmieniła to żeby nie było widać wewnętrznej tekturki czy jak to się nazywa (bordowy papier) bo jest widoczna tylko od jednej strony kartek. normalnie w książkach to nie wychodzi poza linię :)
    a tak to ekstra. myślę, że wzięcie takie książki mogłyby mieć podobne co twoje notesy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cudowne! Ile to pracy i serca musieliście włożyć w taką książkę! A ile materiałów i sprzętu :)
    Nie widzę w niej żadnych wad! <3
    Pozdrowienia :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definately buy one...I love a hard back bood and would probably use it as a diary or planner...I am soooo into textiles it would be lovely to have a fabric bound one!
    Well done you talented lady!!
    Jemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also think it looks great and would buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! REWELACJA! SUPER pomysł! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 400 stron? A kto to zapisze??? ;))) Chętnie kupię, ale już napisaną :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. o w mordeczkę... obłęd!
    No jesteś niemożliwa! o_O
    Cudo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so good ! I would totally buy these. Hard notebooks would sell great during school time too ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...